The health of our cats and kittens is one of our highest concerns, so finding the right place to take care of our needs was very important to us. We eventually decided that the Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital (K-State Vet School) was the perfect fit for us. Some of the reasons we chose them are:
- They use the most state-of-the-art treatments and procedures.
- They have a 24 hour emergency unit that we can use if needed.
- They have specialists in every area of animal health, which allows us to consult with experts in many fields such as cardiology, opthamology, and orthopedics.
- They do everything by the book and are very thorough (even noting things that would generally be considered normal). This helps us know everything we need to about the kittens before they go to their new homes.
- We also love being a part of the learning experience for the vet students (my mom being a retired teacher and me having my degree in education). Our ragdolls are first given a full exam by one of the students followed by a full exam by an instructor who checks their work. So it's almost like getting two vet appointments :-).
Return to the Library index...